CURRENT PROGRAM ALREADY IN PROGRESS; CLICK HERE TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN ENROLLMENT OPENS AGAIN IN THE FALL
All The Write Moves: A 6-Month Coaching Program
Have you always wanted to write a book but don’t know where to start?
Have you had struggles that have given you insight you’d like to share with other people?
Do you already write but are looking to take it to the next level?
Welcome to the All the Write Moves, a coaching program specifically designed to turn a hand-picked group of 10 talented, motivated folks into bestselling authors. At the end of the program, all students will end up with completed non-fiction book proposals and the student with the strongest proposal will earn one-on-one meetings with Alexis Hurley of Inkwell Management and Jason Pinter of Polis Books (see their full bios below). If Alexis and/or Jason believe the proposal would make a successful book, Alexis will represent the author and Jason will publish the book. Either way, that author will meet with Alexis and Jason one-on-one (either in person or on Skype).
What this means: all students accepted in the program will see their chances of getting a publisher and agent’s attention increase from 3 in 10,000 (the number of book proposals sold versus the number submitted) to 1 in 10.
PLEASE NOTE: A BOOK DEAL IS NOT GUARANTEED. THE GUARANTEE IS THAT ONE STUDENT WILL RECEIVE ONE-ON-ONE, IN-PERSON MEETINGS WITH A TOP NYC AGENT AND PUBLISHER.
- 28 training videos: Once enrolled in the program, students receive exclusive instruction videos where Anna walks them through the process of building a platform, website and profile, writing and selling essays and then crafting an overview, chapter summary, sample chapter, market analysis section and promotional section for a book proposal.
- Accountability partnerships: Anna accepts an even number of people into the program based on their experience. She then assigns each student an accountability partner who’s in a similar place so everyone has a “buddy” with whom they can arrange an accountability and feedback schedule.
- Regular editing and feedback from Anna: Students have access to Anna throughout the entire six months for line editing, title and content feedback and general writing questions.
- 6 webinars: Once a month, on the first Sunday of the month from 5-6 pm PST, Anna and all the students convene online. Everyone is given time to share, receive feedback, pitch ideas and ask questions. All meetings are recorded so students who can’t make that time can watch them later.
- 2 one-on-one calls: At the start of every coaching program, each student has a 30-60-minute call with a “book architect” where they go over their book idea and are given feedback and suggestions for shaping the idea. While the book architect is available by email throughout the program, in the last month of the program each student has another official 30-60-minute call in order to get final editing advice and suggestions.
- 5 book proposals: All students receive exclusive access to Anna’s two non fiction book proposals which sold—one which was published by HarperCollins and another that was published by Simon & Schuster and became a NY Times bestseller—as well as three other never-before-seen proposals by bestselling authors. These proposals are only accessible to members of the coaching program.
- Bonuses aplenty: In addition to the sample book proposals, all students receive sample pitch and query letters, lists of editors to pitch at websites, along with contact information and rates paid, essay writing tip sheets and more.
- A one-on-one meeting with top literary agent Alexis Hurley and publisher Jason Pinter for the student with the most promising proposal.
MONTH 1: BUILDING YOUR PROFILE
SECTION 1: LESSONS:
- THE FIRST STEP IS TO FIND YOUR FOCUS
- TO WRITE A PROFESSIONAL ESSAY, YOU NEED TO READ PROFESSIONAL ESSAYS
- A WRITING CAREER STARTS WITH YOUR FIRST IDEA
- FOLLOW THIS GUIDE TO WRITE YOUR ESSAY MOST EFFICIENTLY
SECTION 2: LESSONS:
- TO LAUNCH A WRITING CAREER, YOU NEED A SITE
- TO MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR SITE, ADD SOME BASICS
- THE WIDER THE CAST YOUR NET, THE MORE READERS YOU CAN ATTRACT
- A SITE WITH BASIC SEO & STRONG PHOTOS IS CRUCIAL
- One-on-one call with Anna (to be scheduled)
- Monthly webinar: Sunday, March 5, 2017 – 5 pm PST
MONTH 2: CHAPTER OUTLINE/SAMPLE CHAPTERS
- DON’T WORRY ABOUT LENGTH/SECTIONS/TITLES
- MAKE SURE ALL THE NECESSARY ELEMENTS ARE THERE
- INCLUDE THE CHAPTER THAT BEST REPRESENTS YOUR BOOK
- DON’T MAKE THIS ROOKIE MISTAKE
- Monthly webinar: Sunday, April 2, 2017 – 5 pm PST
MONTH 3: GENERAL/TITLE/OVERVIEW
- COME UP WITH THE BEST TITLE POSSIBLE (BUT KNOW IT WILL CHANGE)
- USE YOUR INTRO TO SELL YOUR WRITING CHOPS
- GET VERY SPECIFIC IN YOUR OVERVIEW
- AVOID THIS ROOKIE MISTAKE!
- Monthly webinar: Sunday, May 7, 2017 – 5 pm PST
MONTH 4: PROMO SECTION
- PLAY UP EVERYTHING YOU’VE DONE SO FAR
- SHOW YOU’RE WILLING TO BUILD
- OPEN YOURSELF UP TO THE IDEA OF CREATING A SENSATION
- AVOID THIS ROOKIE MISTAKE!
- Monthly webinar: Sunday, June 4, 2017 – 5 pm PST
MONTH 5: BIO/MARKET ANALYSIS
- MAKE YOUR BIO YOUR CALLING CARD
- PICK THE BOOKS TO COMPARE YOURS TO CAREFULLY
- INCLUDE THE RIGHT FACTS ABOUT OTHER BOOKS
- Monthly webinar: Sunday, July 2, 2017 – 5 pm PST
MONTH 6: LANDING AN AGENT
- DO YOUR RESEARCH BUT BE REALISTIC
- USE ALL YOU’VE GOT TO WRITE A KICK-ASS QUERY LETTER
- CURATE YOUR LIST OF AGENTS
- SUBMIT—AND BE PATIENT
- ROOKIE MISTAKE
- Monthly webinar: Sunday, August 6, 2017 – 5 pm PST
- One-on-one call with Anna (to be scheduled)
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS PROGRAM, EMAIL ANNA@ANNADAVID.COM
ALL FINISHED BOOK PROPOSALS DUE ONE MONTH AFTER THE PROGRAM ENDS
MORE INFO ABOUT ALEXIS HURLEY AND JASON PINTER BELOW
PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE DOES NOT GUARANTEE A BOOK DEAL FOR ANY STUDENT. IF YOU DON’T TAKE THE ACTIONS RECOMMENDED IN THIS PROGRAM, THEN MOST LIKELY NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. WE ALSO CAN’T GUARANTEE RESULTS, EARNINGS OR FUTURE EARNINGS AS A RESULT OF THIS PROGRAM, OR GIVE LEGAL ADVICE.
Alexis Hurley started her career in 1998 at Sterling Lord Literistic, followed by Witherspoon Associates which merged into InkWell Management during its inception in 2004. Alexis works in the dual capacity of both Co-Director of Foreign Rights and Agent of domestic works in the areas of literary and commercial fiction, memoir, narrative non-fiction, representing authors such as Sister Wendy, Sadhguru, R.O. Blechman, Emily Holleman, Diane Williams, Claire LaZebnik, Pamela Ribon, Anna David and more. She’s worked with Lena Dunham, Julie Orringer, Kathryn Schulz, Adam Grant, Blake Crouch and others at InkWell, and has spoken extensively in master classes at the New School, Taos Writer’s Conference, Grub Street and more. She is a native of the Berkshires and a graduate of Dickinson College where she received her BA in English and Art History and a minor in Italian.
Jason Pinter is the founder and publisher of Polis Books, an independent publishing company launched in 2013. He is also the bestselling author of five thrillers, as well as one Middle Grade novel. He has been nominated for several awards, and his books have nearly 1.5 million copies in print in over a dozen languages. Prior to founding Polis Books, he worked in marketing and editorial at Warner Books, Crown Publishing, St. Martin’s Press, Grove/Atlantic and the Mysterious Press. He lives in New Jersey. Visit Polis Books online at www.PolisBooks.com, or follow Jason on Twitter at @jasonpinter.